Re: [LUG] Windows Vista demonstration

Actually GNU serves my needs perfectly, just a few issues need ironing, out,

Hmm, if Microsoft were to pay ME I may consider installing vista, otherwise they can get stuffed. I don't see why I should pay for something that hardly does anything, then pay extra to get essential functions such as Office features.
Paul

Rob Beard wrote:

Quoting Paul Sutton <zen14920@xxxxxxxxx>:

Neither do I, I just want something that works, is stable and lets me log in and get on with what I am doing,

Ahh then you'd want the Windows Vista Basic version then.

It's going to be confusing when it's released. For home users IIRC there will be:

Windows Vista Basic which doesn't have any bells & whistles. IIRC, it means it'll look like Windows 2000.

Windows Vista Premium which has extra stuff in it like Media Center

For business users:

Windows Vista Business which is supposed to include the bells & whistles I think Windows Vista Enterprise which is for customers who have the 'Software Advantage' scheme which includes multiple languages (i.e. Windows in a different language, not just the keyboard settings).

There's also an Ultimate edition which incorporates the features from both the Home Premium & Business Enterprise versions.

There is also a Windows Basic edition for 'emerging markets', in other words, a version which costs about £5 for a licence, but this won't be avaliable to this country.

TBH, I'm not convinced. I'd rather have a play with XGL, or whatever the alternative Fedora are coming up with.

Rob

-

http://www.zleap.net
http://www.openoffice.org