Re: [LUG] Windows Vista demonstration

Quoting Paul Sutton <zen14920@xxxxxxxxx>:

Neither do I, I just want something that works, is stable and lets me
log in and get on with what I am doing,

Ahh then you'd want the Windows Vista Basic version then.

It's going to be confusing when it's released.  For home users IIRC
there will be:

Windows Vista Basic which doesn't have any bells & whistles.  IIRC, it
means it'll look like Windows 2000.

Windows Vista Premium which has extra stuff in it like Media Center

For business users:

Windows Vista Business which is supposed to include the bells &
whistles I think
Windows Vista Enterprise which is for customers who have the 'Software
Advantage' scheme which includes multiple languages (i.e. Windows in a
different language, not just the keyboard settings).

There's also an Ultimate edition which incorporates the features from
both the Home Premium & Business Enterprise versions.

There is also a Windows Basic edition for 'emerging markets', in other
words, a version which costs about £5 for a licence, but this won't be
avaliable to this country.

TBH, I'm not convinced.  I'd rather have a play with XGL, or whatever
the alternative Fedora are coming up with.

Rob

-