Re: [LUG] Permisssion denied even to root

Neil Williams wrote:
Keith Abraham wrote:

I did a badblocks check of my Reiser fs and discovered 341 bad blocks
in 7 isolated clumps.

Depends if those can be repaired or skipped. How much free space is/was
on the drive? How much disk space do you actually need?

Assuming you know the make and model of the HD then a visit to the manufacturers web site might be useful. They often have tools you can download that will do a low level format and repair/skipping of bad blocks that can breathe new life into an old drive. However, I would advise you back up all important data as the occurence of bad blocks is often a sign of a drive on its last legs.

ian

-