Re: [LUG] household names that use GNU/Linux

Thanks guys for the input so far .... keep it comming.

Sorry to be picky Simon, I was thinking of household names (as in users of open source) not the actual applications they used, but the points were valid all the same. I need to find articles sourced from the actual household name that could be acredited in the article Im going to write. Remember its for non technical people, so they may have heard of the BBC but not (so) likely to have heard of Apache.

Im not sure that Microsoft would actually attribute the fact that they directly use free software in MSN (even if they do).

Ideally I would like to point the readers of the article to source in the proper "academic" way, its more professional.

I will hunt through Pixar & Dreamworks sites for references.

Thanks again.

Tom.

-