Re: [LUG] Eclipse Internet billing screwup

David Bell wrote:

On Wednesday 26 April 2006 13:46, Rob Beard wrote:

I was just wondering if anynoe on here has had problems with Eclipse
Internet's billing?

Did you "migrate" from Eclipse to another ISP?

No, at the time they didn't have a migration option. I was one of the original 'wires only' trialists. I remember purposely hanging on a couple of weeks so I could go on the trial and only pay £58 activation fee rather than the £150 or so for a BT engineer to come and install the connection. I was also fairly lucky to pick up a SpeedTouch Home ADSL modem for £20 from a second hand shop. :-)

I had the actual connection from about 14th December 2001 until I left the property on 12th October 2002. I sent lots of letters out shortly afterwards to companies advising them that I'd moved, one of which would have been to Eclipse terminating the contract. After I moved my flat mate took on a connection with Zen. I suggested Zen because they offered the 5 IP addresses without any questioning whereas Eclipse wanted to know why I wanted 5 IP's (hence I was only on the 2 IP option with Eclipse).

(Where I mean 5 IP's, I mean actually mean the block of 8 IPs with 5 useable for each machine on the network).

Rob

-