Re: [LUG] Dreamweaver, Flash and Fireworks on Ubuntu - IE and Wine

Have a look at this site

http://www.tatanka.com.br/ies4linux/en/instructions/

Its;essentially a script that downloads IE6 (or other versions if you want) and installs them under Wine / Linux, even puts a nice blue e on the desktop with the wine glass on top,. Given you can download multiple versions of IE you can test on a range of different browsers from the same computer, not sure if Windows will even let you do that.

IE is then available to you to test sites, which may come in handy.

Actually this would be very useful for schools where companies insist the school uses IE to run their software, if a school could perhaps save on Windows Licenses and use IE under wine reliably then things could really move forward.

Paul

Not being able to test websites using IE6 is a constant pain. I am not bothered about developing flash or using dreamweaver (which personally I hate) but I am fed up with firefox and IE6 behaving so differently at times.

Wills

-

http://www.zleap.net
http://www.openoffice.org