Re: [LUG] Oracle Linux?

Having a dedicated distro that will install and set up a dedicated server running Oracle sounds interesting, optimise the operating system to suit, however I don't understnad why they have to buy an existing product, they could simply say use an existing distribution and modyify it to work integrate with oracle better.

Is what they have in mind something along the lines of the smaller distros, that pacakge mysql into a dedicated server package, Obviously thats difference due to the licensing of MySQL, if this is done right then the outcome should be good, But it must be dome right from the start.

Paul