[LUG] Partitions for performance

Hello

I have a custom PC with 2 large SATA disks and 2 large EIDE disks, I wish to
install fedora core 4 onto the computer and gain some sort of performance
increase from setting up good partitions.

I am unable to create a 0-raid with FC4, apparently there is no point! so
instead i have 2 arrays, 1 array for each disk.

array 1 = disk 1
array 2 = disk 2

To increase OS R/W performance, I think i would need to install parts of the
OS accross the arrays,

With Microsoft i used EIDE disks as virtual/scratch/adobe memory as this
increaced performance when moving big files about.

I would like to know if anybody has any suggestions as to how i could arrange
a good performance setup across multipul disks.

Dan.