[LUG] Backup Routines

Hello All,

At the moment I am backing up a linux box (Mandriva 2006) with norton ghost 2002 to several cds.  This works OK, but I have to reboot, and the backup strategy is manual.  I am looking at setting up an automated backup over the network to a removable hard disk connected by firewire on a 2k box.  What do most people do for automated network backups?  At the moment I am looking at setting up rsync.  Are there any other solutions I should consider?  Amanda seems to be an option also.