[LUG] Installing Lignumcad

Hi
I am trying to run lignumcad on suse 9.3.  I have installed it with rpm, but whenI
try to run it it just hangs at the splash screen with this message...

"A current limitation of lignumcad is the requiremnet that the default application
font be either a Type1 or TrueType font.
Please run the qtconfig program from QT version 3.0 to set up the proper font."

Also I am told to............

Define the environment variable QTDIR to point to your QT installation.

and

Make sure $QTDIR/bin is in your PATH environment variable and $QTDIR/lib in your
LD_LIBRARY_PATH environment variable

Could some one take some time to explain this lot and even solve the problem?

Thanx

Aaron