Re: [LUG] then where do all the calculators go?

On Sun, 2006-01-29 at 22:19 +0000, John Botwright wrote:

> I was wondering what people on the list do when it's time for a spring
> clean? Do you recycle, re-use, or send them off to silicon heaven?

Personally I take my old computer stuff to Chelson meadow in Plymouth
for recycling.

We've just had clean out at the Uni and had to pay a company to take the
stuff away for 'proper disposal'. I gather it is not actually required
UK law at the moment, but will be soon, but we couldn't just dump the
stuff in a skip or give it away. It was mainly (very) old Sun bits and
pieces and the market is somewhat swamped with the stuff so no-one would
buy it from us. PC's are mainly currently part of a leased fleet, so
they will be returned to the manufacturer at the end of the lease and we
get a load of new ones.

John.