Re: [LUG] then where do all the calculators go?

I wonder if I could turn that law into profit by offering to buy old equipment for 1p (if you're not allowed to give it away), or would I need a license to "dispose" of computer equipment? The profit would come in the form of PIIs and old Suns of course, but old computers are still good for many tasks.

John Horne wrote:

We've just had clean out at the Uni and had to pay a company to take the
stuff away for 'proper disposal'. I gather it is not actually required
UK law at the moment, but will be soon, but we couldn't just dump the
stuff in a skip or give it away.

--

140cf42384f90b8c349b67457b907115

Public PGP key at http://www.jameshallam.info/files/publicpgpkey.txt