Re: [LUG] Offtopic - Windows Only Multifunction Printer to get rid off

The brother dcp310cn works fine under Debian and has debian drivers, this has been replaced by the dcp315cn which I assume is equally supported this costs <£200, it's got a network connection so I print using that, but also support usb, and if you do use usb then there is a scanner driver avaialble.

again there is a link to farseer on my website, as well as my mini guide to the extra bits I had to do to get it working. Not heard from him in a while so not sure if he is on holiday or something.

Paul

We have Brother printers at work, and their GNU/Linux support is pretty
good. But I think a black and white laser printer is overkill, a nice
cheap colour printer will probably do fine.

http://www.zleap.net
http://www.openoffice.org
http://www.linux.org