Re: [LUG] Offtopic - Windows Only Multifunction Printer to get rid off

On Sat, 28 Jan 2006 13:26:07 +0000
Simon Waters wrote:

> PS: Can anyone recommend a good GNU/Linux printer, must have free
> software drivers, ideally already in the Debian repositories. Mostly for
> the odd letter, or poster, so a colour printer would perhaps be nice as
> well. Don't have a business from home, so I don't need anything too fancy.

I bought a Samsung ML4500 a few years ago.  When I bought it the issue with drivers
was... interesting.  These days, however, it works without a hitch.  B&W laser,
though.  I've used the HP colour ink/bubblejets and they seem to work nicely.

Grant.