Re: [LUG] Offtopic - Windows Only Multifunction Printer to get rid off

On Sat, 2006-01-28 at 13:26 +0000, Simon Waters wrote:
> PS: Can anyone recommend a good GNU/Linux printer, must have free
> software drivers, ideally already in the Debian repositories. Mostly for
> the odd letter, or poster, so a colour printer would perhaps be nice as
> well. Don't have a business from home, so I don't need anything too fancy.

A few months back I got an HP PSC-1410 for £50 and it's been excellent
(barring problems with the permissions getting reset by udev without me
realising).  Scans, copies and prints on Debian (Sid, probably Etch too)
without a problem (needs libsane for scanning and hplip/hpijs for
printing).

    Ben

--
Termisoc Tech Officer: <http://termisoc.org/>