[LUG] First impressions of Debian

I've finally got around to trying Debian after many years with Mandrake.

OK, I probably didn't make it easy by using an old Compaq Proliant that's been sitting in the rack doing very little for a year or so, but after a couple of days of getting kernel parameters sorted out I got it installed from the "minimal" disc I downloaded and with another couple of hours getting it to use the proxy I got apt-get talking to a couple of mirrors and I think I NEVER want to see rpm again!!!!

Its definitely looking good so far and I'm determined to replace the 4 Mandrake servers I'm running at present with Debian in time.

The reason for this posting is to ask for suggestions as to books/good howtos etc on managing Debian in general; having been used to utilities such as "drakconf" I'm beginning to wonder where I go to set up the network etc.

Thanks in advance

James