Re: [LUG] mysql failed and didn;t say why

On Thursday 19 Jan 2006 14:59, Steve Marvell wrote:
> On my debian box, I have /var/log/mysql.err which contians nothing and
> never has. Nothing is written on startup or shutdown.
>
> Any ideas how to make it log that sort of stuff?

mysql.err is only for errors. General output will be in mysql.log. Also check
if you have two sets of log files - I sometimes find that I've got:

/var/log/mysql.err
/var/log/mysql.log
AND
/var/log/mysql/mysql.err
/var/log/mysql/mysql.log

with only the files in the mysql directory actually being used.

Regards,
David.

--
David Johnson