Re: [LUG] new IE7 feature - sounds familar

On Tuesday 17 Jan 2006 17:13, Ben Goodger wrote:

> They probably can't, but as it's a EULA and not a GPL product, nobody can
> find out.
> It wouldn't make any difference, as they already nicked the features, UI,
> marketing buzz, etc..

Yep, I think it's fair to say that most of the end-user-visible features in
Vista are stolen from either Linux desktop environments or MacOS. Should make
for an interesting discussion next time MS state that FLOSS doesn't foster
innovation.

<random thought for the day>
Wouldn't it be interesting if there was some central fund to pay for software
patents for innovations in Free Software (in the US obviously), with each
patent having a license stating that the technology concerned can be freely
used in Free Software, but not in proprietary software. It would certainly
stop the increasingly-common occurrence of ideas being taken from Free
Software and used in non-free software...
</random thought for the day>

David.

--
David Johnson