Re: [LUG] [Fwd: [bristol] Linux Distro Chooser]

On Sun, 2006-01-15 at 08:19 +0000, Simon Waters wrote:

> So maybe they have something right, but my experience of Ubuntu on
> servers was short and bloody, Debian Sarge on the same server worked a
> treat.

Oh dear. I'm going to look at Ubuntu for our LTSP/Grid server - probably
next month. At present the server has been cobbled together with FC3 and
LTSP, but it really needs upgrading and documenting(!). Ubuntu has
thin-client/LTSP support built into it I gather and therefore seemed to
be a better choice than Fedora.

What were the problems with Ubuntu?

John.