Re: [LUG] In a mess with samba

Robin Cornelius wrote:
> Mark Evans wrote:
>>What is in the smb.conf for each server?
>>

> Well they are different, any particular sections to zoom in on. The
> basic shares although different WTR unix locations on the two servers
> give the same share the same data. The new server is also a samba 3
> server while the old is 2.somthing

After a day of playing around the roaming profile problem was simply one
line incorrect in smb.conf! I believe it was "logon path" was missing
logon home etc were all there, doh!

Now i can happly switch servers back and forth and even use the same
domain name by just changing the servers to allow domain logons or not.

The final problem is caused by windows. the roaming and local profiles
are inconsistant on some machines (mine is one of them) this looks like
a manual hack of the important data from the windows side of things

Regards

Robin