[LUG] In a mess with samba

Hi everyone,

I need to change my servers over from the *very* old mandrake one to the debian stable one. All services are migrated except samba which i am stuck with. Samba is up and running properly (currently with a different domain name).

My problem. i can't log on and get the roaming profile to work. If i change a client to the new domain OR change the new server to the old domain and make it the log on server i get the following message on the clients :-

"Windows did not load your profile because a server copy of the profile exists that does not have the correct security. Either the current user or the administrators group must be the owner of the folder".

How much trouble am i in here at this point? Is this solvable or do i need to scrap all the profiles and start again on the new server (which is a right pain as firefox, thunderbird etc all use the profile space for their data as do other apps).

Many thanks

Robin