[LUG] Replacing Windows Small Business Server

Hi,

I've been rather quiet on the mailing list - but I feel I ought to ask you guys for a bit of help on defeating the Microsoft tax. I run a very small IT consulting business where I help other small businesses with the upkeep and maintenance of their systems. Some of them have requirements for the functionality provided in Microsoft Small Business Server - specifically the file serving, printer serving but most importantly the Exchange module.

From Exchange, the only functionality required for definite is a shared mail folder, where mails can be dragged into and left accessible by everyone. Secondly, it'd be shared contacts.

So - I'm assuming I can use Samba and Cups for the first two, but the Exchange part I'm a little confused with. I know very little about IMAP - would this acheive it?

Outlook 2003 connectivity isn't essential but would really help. If something like Thunderbird would do it, that's fine.

As a brief aside, please reserve Microsoft animosity from replies - for the most part I agree with the philosophies shared by the majority of members of this mailing list - I believe that the way to supplant their monopoly is in small but solid steps.

Ruairi