[LUG] problems running pppeconfiguration from X

Hi

I can run pppoeconfiguration from the console fine, however if I try adn run from X I get

sh: xauth: command not found
kdesu (kdelibs): WARNING: No X authentication info set for display :0.0

I have tried to run apt-get install xauth but it says it can't find the package.

I can connect to the net only by running dhclient, If I do run pppoeconfiguration it can't find the access concentrator, even though I have an ip address via dhclient (dhcp), and a connection to the net via the router.

Thanks for any suggestions, so far this is the only problem I am having with Kanotix which is based on debian, I would guess that xauth is part of another package, I am also using x.org 6.9

Paul