[LUG] Palm Lifedrive & Linux

Hi there

I am attempting to connect a lifedrive to mandriva 2006. I have kpilot installed and the palm is recognised when I connect it and the /dev/pilot node created. Also I can use it in drive mode with no problem. However when I try hotsync with kpilot it stops at %30 of the update with a message about being unable to access system information. Is this because kpilot doesn't work with the lifedrive or is there a solution? All the documentation I can find is for other palm devices and seems to assume that this part of the process is problem free.

I've tried jpilot too. This seems more cryptic and just quits asking me to kill PIDnnnnn and try again. When I try this the PID doesn't exist and another try results in the same. And it also removes /dev/pilot.

Any pointers would be really helpful as I'd really like to do all this stuff with linux, rather than dragging my address book etc to windows and then updating the palm.

Just as an after thought if anyone has any ideas on how to remove a volume ID when the lilo command for doing this won't I'd really like to hear these too.

Hope Christmas was whatever you wanted it to be. And have a Great New Year tonight, keep on luging through 2006.

Simon

--
simon.robert@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx