Re: [LUG] UN/Linux/ZDnet

Bill Smith wrote:

> Acer Aspire for about 400 quids UK, has a nice little 3000+ sempron that
> runs nice and cool, not like my one with an Intel pentium 4 that cuts
> out when running the DVD as it get too hot!

Much as my Acer still does sturdy service (barring one trip to Plymouth
for hardware repairs) running every GNU/Linux I've thrown at it better
than it ran Windows 98 (it was allegedly designed for), Acer weren't
doing any GNU/Linux support. Has this changed?

I'd say buy from someone who officially supports GNU/Linux on the laptop
if at all possible, not because you need it, but because that will
persuade them to keep doing it.