Re: [LUG] UN/Linux/ZDnet

On Monday 19 December 2005 12:49 am, Matt Lee wrote:
> What would people recommend for decent laptops with x86 processors?

(do you absolutely have to have IE at all?) Making it dual-boot just to have a
broken and non-standards-compliant browser seems quite wasteful! Yes, IE is
common (because users don't care) but do we really have to work around it so
much?

> Couple of caveats:-
>
> 0. I won't buy anything from Sony or IBM directly (no Vaio or ThinkPad)

Try a laptop that actually supports GNU/Linux:
www.emperorlinux.com

> 1. It needs to be light

With 802.11g, they advertise a 7lb laptop.

--

Neil Williams