Re: [LUG] Router/Modem ?.

On Dec 18, 2005, Neil Williams was like:

> If it's an internal modem, that'll be dial-up - the connection where
> you have to dial-out on an 0845 or SurfTime 0840(?) number, gets
> lots of noises and then connect.

Quite. I realised after I had written that an internal modem would
hardly be ADSL so my offer of a router was misplaced.

I agree with Neil -- why not get broadband? If you are spendng a lot
of time dialling up then it could save you money. There are several
ISPs offering an adequate serviec for 14.99/month, such as mine, which
is Eclipse Internet (www.eclipse.net.uk). When I joined eclipse I had
an idea that someone in the group was with them but I couldn't
remember who it was so if you do sign up with eclipse (they are a
jolly crowd, very helpful and local (Exeter)) please mention James
Wonnacott and he will get the rebate he should have got from me.

If you get broadband I still have a spare router.

Tony Sumner