Re: [LUG] Router/Modem ?.

---------  Original message --------
From: Tony Sumner <tony@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx <list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [LUG] Router/Modem ?.
Date: 12-18-05 20:11

> On Dec 18, 2005, Jondavey was like:

&gt;  my internal modem won't work in Mandrake.

It is almost certainly a Winmodem -- this is a modem but one which does
a lot of the work in the OS, which of course will not work in linux. I
started with Binatone USB modem which the makers claimed wold work with
Red Hat but they were lying. I then tried a D-Link DSL300T and this
also was crap. Best plan is to go for a router. I have a Netgear DG834G
which is lovely and it so happens I have a spare (cos I suspected my
router might be faulty but it wasn't). I can sell it to you for 20gbp.
Let me know if you are interested.

Tony Sumner

......umm, OK. Can you post it to me aswell for that price ?. And do you
have a Paypal account ?......
Jon.