Re: [LUG] CUPS

On Thursday 08 December 2005 8:51 pm, Steve Ellis wrote:
> I have a Canon i320 which doesn't work on linux

It would seem that this is not true:
http://www.kde-forum.org/post/25270/lastpost.html#post25270

> I have installed the free edition of turbo print & I can now print but
> prints a nag banner at top of every page (to be expected).

Use CUPS - Common Unix Printing System - and ignore anything you read about
turboprint.

> Has anyone used turbo print & is it worth £20 or shall I just buy a
> linux compatible printer?

None of the above.

> Has anyone got a i320 to work on linux without turbo print (even if
> only for basic text printing)

Looks like the answer is yes - your solution involves simply putting
canon i320 cups
into Google.

Support appears to have been available since redhat 9. Also worked on MEPIS.
http://www.mepis.org/node/501

--

Neil Williams