[LUG] TFT Monitor problem

Hi,
I've just made my computer dual boot with SUSE 10.0 and Windoze XP.
The Yast installer was incredibly easy to use so this time I shrunk the Windoze partition instead of deleting it like I did with the installer for SUSE 9.0.
Problem is, I can't see all of the desktop. It starts off with the left inch cut off and a gap at the other side of the screen. I've found a way to get it to go to the centre but the monitor shows one of its inbuilt error messages saying "Frequency out of range: Reset to 1024 X 786 60Hz".
I don't get why it does it, cause it is displaying the desktop fine, except for the irritating message.
I've found a Configuring type thing that lets me change the screen res and all that. The current settings are 1024 X 786 resolution and 73Hz  for the other bit. (I don't get these things, I mainly use Acorns , which use monitors from the same company so I've never needed to find out).
I clicked on the drop down menu bit next to it but 73Hz is the only option.
I found another bit that tells me what monitor model I'm using is and its set to the right one.
The monitor is a Medion MD7415TE. The instruction book is uselss because it doesn't have a section that explains the error messages.
Is it a software problem or will I have to get a new screen?
Adam Godfrey