Re: [LUG] meeting for November

On Saturday 29 October 2005 9:33 pm, Rob Beard wrote:
> I'm hoping sometime in the summer I'll be able to put my three interests
> together - computers, linux and my car - I'm planning on building an
> in-car PC MP3/Video player using Linux, a MiniITX PC and a 7 inch touch
> screen.
>
> Rob

Make that an in-car PC OGG Vorbis player and you will be on the right lines.

MPEG is patented - you lose quality if you convert files from .mp3 to .ogg but
you improve quality slightly if you go back to the original source and
create .ogg files from there.

GNU/Linux audio players play .ogg without any problems so it's the data files
that need changing.

--

Neil Williams