Re: [LUG] meeting for November

Mark wrote:

On Saturday 29 Oct 2005 18:54, paul sutton wrote:
In line with the general agreement that we should meet more often, I
propose a meeting at Paignton RFC, on thursday 24th November 2005, from
about 7pm.

I am down tomorrow (sunday 30th) and will book, or at least as them to
pencil in the date if the normal meeting room is not being used by
anyone else.

Agenda open, no internet access yet,  I am working on it slowly,  looks
like pipex do 2mb for about £14.99 / month.

Topics open,  has anyone got any ideas,  Depending on the weather, and
condition of the car park area, parking inside may or may not be
avaialable.

Paul

Devon is a bit far for me - so I won't be able to make it :( Maybe a meeting in Mid Cornwall at some point? Not sure how many DCGLUG peeps are this way, but it would be really nice to actually meet a few people :) I have some serious health issues which mean I can't drive too far - nor be too far away from assistance if I need it ( luckily I don't need it usually!) Pipex doing 2mb for 15 quid?? As a Pipex customer - unable to get the upgrade from 512kb here in the wilds, they offered me 512 for a reduced price when they brought in 2mb at first at our exchange - still a lot more than 15 quid though!! I need to chase them up methinks ;)
Mark

When I pass my driving test, I may be able to make it to more meetings and go a bit further (I'm eager to be let loose on the road on my own!).

I should be able to make it over to Paignton, either getting a lift or just going on the bus.

I'm hoping sometime in the summer I'll be able to put my three interests together - computers, linux and my car - I'm planning on building an in-car PC MP3/Video player using Linux, a MiniITX PC and a 7 inch touch screen.

Rob