Re: [LUG] Broadband

James Wonnacott wrote:

I'm with Eclipse, a nice little ethernet router and a very good sevice.
I thoroughly recommend it.

James

I'd give a second vote for Eclipse. Although they're a little more expensive than some ISPs they offer Flex broadband. With Flex broadband you can go for a slower speed (say 512k or 1MBit) and then upgrade the speed to 2MBit per hour for a few pence per hour.

I have used Eclipse twice in the past and they have been great. I'm with Telewest Blueyonder cable broadband and an AOL ADSL connection now.

Can't comment on USB modems, only used them in Windows. AFAIK the SpeedTouch USB modems should be supported, but TBH, I'd go for an ADSL Router with ethernet as once it's setup, you can leave it on all the time (not to mention it's less troubleshooting).

Rob