[LUG] Re: SME server

On Wednesday 12 October 2005 8:18 pm, Simon Waters wrote:
> * Working first time is always the kiss of death for tech support
> people, as it means you don't spend hours ripping hair our and
> understanding precisely how it works, so when it fails you have no clue
> what to do.

(Pleading with the developer(s) is a good start!)
:-)

i.e. there's a reason it works first time - because some kind-hearted soul has
spent hours testing and re-testing the build. When it can take 45 minutes to
build from scratch, that can be a lot of sitting around - always watching and
checking if the thing has bombed. It's like being on-call!

(No prizes for guessing what I've been doing all £$%"£ day.)

--

Neil Williams