Re: SME server was Re: [LUG] Locking down Gnome on Debian 3.1

Simon Waters wrote:

Rob Beard wrote:
SME Server (Mail Server, Proxy Server, Dans Guardian Server) --->
10.0.0.252

I know this guy who wants a couple of hours SME support in Exeter.

Specifically printing, I assume SME uses one of the many standard
printer subsystems, but having never seen SME and not touched Redhat
printing in years except to make the desktop at work print to the
Laserprinter (it worked first time after installing the Brother RPM and
following the instructions, what can I say...*).

Poorly but socially useful company, willing to pay. Could become a
regular incoming since they send they "co-opted admin" all over the
country to do proper work.

Contact me off-list if SME (Redhat) printing is your thing, and you want
the work.

Failing that I'll try and drag him to the the Meeting at St Peters.

Anyone want to do a talk/review of SME for the meeting/website (Rob?).

So many distros anyone who has installed a specific one is instantly the
local expert ;)

Simon

* Working first time is always the kiss of death for tech support
people, as it means you don't spend hours ripping hair our and
understanding precisely how it works, so when it fails you have no clue
what to do.

Simon,

I've mailed you off list. I'm not a very good talker, but I could try and come up with something and maybe bring along an old box with SME installed so you can all have a look.

Rob