[LUG] Debian RAID problems

Hi

I've been asked to install Debian v3.0r2 on a client's server. It has the
following spec:

Dual 1700MHz AMD Athlon
1Gb RAM
Adaptec 3210c SCSI Raid (with 3 x 18Gb Maxtors)
High Point 404 IDE Raid (with 4 x 120Gb Maxtors)

Debian can't see either Raid Controllers. A quick google tells me that
debian doesn't support them directly although some people seem to have
been able to roll their own support.

Does this sound right?

No mention of support can be found on Suse, Debian & Mandriva sites. I'm
off to check with Redhat now...

Any ideas?

Mart