Re: [LUG] A Good Read?

Peter Lloyd-Jones <peter@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> Hi
>
> I wonder if there is such a thing as the definitive Linux, GNU book.  I am
> currently running Mandrake, but tend to refer to My Mc Graw Hill  book "The
> Complete Reference", to Red Hat.

Depends on what you want really, My old (4th ed) copy of the
Complete Reference to Linux (with free Red Hat 7.1 and Caldera OpenLinux
2.4 ;)), it has useful guides to vi, emacs and shell scripting, among
other things. Though not quite specifically GNU Linux, O'Reilly's
Essential System Administration is a fantastic guide to some very
advanced tasks and ideas for any unix variant.

--
James                                   jamesk[at]homeric[dot]co[dot]uk

"The ships hung in the sky in much the same way that bricks don't." DNA(HHGTTG)