Re: [LUG] Zebra TPL2284 label/barcode printer: aaaargh! wires!

I wonder how much a company can save by only connecting a few of the
pins in a cable from one Sub-D plug to the other?

Anyway, having resorted to pliers, and now having a serial lead that
actually connects the relevant pins, it works!

This doesn't explain the USB bit, but I have long thought of USB as some
form of unfathomable weirdness, and since we have RS232 ports on the
relevant machines I can cheerfully ignore it.