Re: [LUG] Zebra TPL2284 label/barcode printer on SuSE 9.3: USB or ppd not understood sufficiently

> Possibly I should be USB hotplu blacklisting it, so it doesn't get a
> (wrong) driver attached to it automatically?

I know that USB is a pain even on windows. My software provider never
used USB as it's harder to use.

> It would be kind to share that code...
> I found and fiddled with some Perl on teh Web, no joy.

Have to dig it out (if it still exists). Would take me a while.

> The demo label generator that comes with it works, but produces very
> complicated perhaps obscured files that are going to be hard to
> understnad and adapt.  My impression is that sending plain ASCII
> commands and text will run it, producing barcodes from the hardware if I
> want it to.

Do you understand what you do?

You make an label. On this label you put fields. Static, text taken
from database or
given during print. I did barcode printing for library. Programmed
label first. It had
Library name, street, etc, etc and barcode that I was sending during printing.

So using winshit soft you have to desing one or more labels and then when
you send EPL code you tell barcode printer which one to use and you know what
data it will take from you.

serial port works great from first time. The biggest pain is to design
and program
label.

you always can desing label on the fly but it's not recomended.

--
With Love,
Marcin

jid: martii<at>jabber.bnet.pl  uin: 2297222