Re: [LUG] Suggestions for web page creation software please.

On Wednesday 14 Sep 2005 20:14, James Wonnacott wrote:
> Obvious suggestions along the lines of vi appart, can anybody recommend a
> package for creating a few web pages which I want to link to some perl
> scripts I've written. Mainly forms really. I've never touched on html
> before and have decided I ought to learn.
> I've looked at Mozilla Composer and Quanta Plus (both standard in Mandrake)
> and just wondered if anyone had any other suggestions.
>
> Thanks in advance
>
> James

I would suggest either Mozilla Composer or Nvu - which is nothing more than
Moz Composer with some added pizzazz ;)
Sadly, we have nothing in the *nix world to compete with Dreamweaver. You
*can* run dreamweaver in Wine - but its not awfully successful I found.
If you know no real html, and simply want a fairly straightforward wysiwyg
program - then I would go for the ones I mentioned. Even then, I still find
editing the final html code produced by these applications is worth the
effort - just to polish the edges off :)
Mark