Re: [LUG] IPSEC

David Johnson wrote:

Hi all,

I've been trying to configure Linux as an IPSEC client to connect to my router at home. Does anyone know of an idiot's guide to configuring Linux as an IPSEC client using pre-shared keys?

I don't do pre shared keys but rather X509 certs . I have a "what i did" guide on my website (www.cornelius.demon.co.uk) that explains x509 certs and how to set up a client and server. Running it in a production situation no PPTP or L2TP just raw ipsec (although you can run a layer 2 protocol over the top if you want it just adds overhead) and of cause any specific questions etc, just ask :-)

Robin