[LUG] RPM Header Problem

Hi

I run Fedora 3, and use the automagic update tool.  I am running into more and
more problems.  As I mentioned before the latest kernel is unusable with
mouse problems.  But now most updates I try and install (using the previous
kernel) give me the error:

There was an RPM error.  The message was:
Error reading header

I do not know if it is a Fedora problem (I am tempted to change to another) or
a Linux/GNU thing.

This is in addition to the Package Manager Problem I still am unable to
resolve.

If any one can throw any light on these problems, thanks in advance.

Peter