Re: [LUG] Maildirs vs mbox files

Grant Sewell wrote:
On Tue, 23 Aug 2005 09:26:54 +0100
John Daragon wrote:

mbox files really come into their own when they're on a server and you're accessing mail over a network.

jd.

If you don't mind me being stupid, may I ask how much difference it makes?

I keep a lot of email for reference. My largest mbox file is about 200MB, and contains over 40000 messages. It's usable over the network in mbox form, I got tired of waiting to see how long it would take to open when written to individual files...

jd

--

John Daragon                                          john@xxxxxxxxxx
argv[0] limited               (Asterisk implementation & consultancy)