Re: GNUPG was Re: [LUG] Meeting this saturday

On Wednesday 17 August 2005 8:35 pm, Simon Waters wrote:
> Neil Williams wrote:
> > I've updated the script and thereby the image of our keyring too - it now
> > ignores keys that aren't signed by another member so it's a lot clearer
> > and a lot simpler:
>
> I thought I'd killed the subkey with the typo in -- damn.

You can only revoke a subkey, you can't remove it from the keyservers.

> Need to sort a key (or keys) for my new email address.
>
> Is it okay to have two different but valid keys for the same email
> address,

Yes - I've got my main key and my laptop key.

> or will that break all the software out there? Thinking I need
> to put a secret key on a less secure box.

Precisely why I have the laptop key - it's got not quite as many signatures,
it's got just the one UID and it is no big deal if it has to be revoked
because of the loss of a laptop or whatever.

--

Neil Williams