Re: [LUG] Debian v BusBi Memstick

On Tuesday 16 Aug 2005 21:59, David Bell wrote:
> On Tuesday 16 August 2005 21:41, David Johnson wrote:
> > Try just sda rather than sda1. Some drives are a bit funny...
>
> Same error message and dmesg output using sda.
> Have also tried making an entry in fstab but get an error message.
David,
You may need to try working through sda1, sda2,sda3 etc
A reboot should find sda1 would work - assuming you don't already have other
devices listed - such as a camera etc.
I would agree with David J that these sda drives can be a bit strange!
Plugging in a usb drive then unplugging it will issue it the next sda number -
so either a reboot or working through the numbers - up to say 6 would be
possibly useful.
Mark