Re: [LUG] XChat - DCC issues

On Thursday 11 August 2005 09:38, Julian Hall wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> Slightly OT I know, but it is Linux specific.  I can DCC Chat anyone in
> mIRC in Windows, but any attempts in Linux using XChat fall flat on
> their face.  The connection just hangs and eventually times out.

Is this XChat specific? i.e a bug in X-Chat?

A Firewalling problem, any firewall logs of reject or droped packets when
attempting a DCC? I know that some chat systems/servers require the ident
port (tcp 113) to be available, (closed is good enough) but if you are fully
firewalled packets to ident are dropped and not rejected and list upsets some
systems. Or some other firewall problem?

--
Robin Cornelius
robin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx