Re: [LUG] nVidia card Drivers

Hi,
Right I managed to install the drivers by changing to INIT 3 I ran the
install script. Then I quickly left the room. When I returned about a
minute later it had finished and just given me another prompt. I went
back into INIT 5 then tryed to run planet penguin racer as a test.
Nothing happened. I rebooted the computer then tryed again this time at
the terminal and got these errors.

[Tom@localhost ~]$ ppracer
PPRacer 0.3.1 --  http://racer.planetpenguin.de
(c) 2004-2005 The PPRacer team
(c) 1999-2001 Jasmin F. Patry<jfpatry@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
PPRacer comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY. This is free software,
and you are welcome to redistribute it under certain conditions.
See http://www.gnu.org/copyleft/gpl.html for details.

Xlib:  extension "GLX" missing on display ":0.0".
Xlib:  extension "GLX" missing on display ":0.0".
*** ppracer error: Couldn't initialize video: Couldn't find matching GLX
visual (Success)
Segmentation fault

I then tryed with bzflag and got these errors.

[Tom@localhost ~]$ bzflag
Xlib:  extension "GLX" missing on display ":0.0".
Xlib:  extension "GLX" missing on display ":0.0".
Could not set Video Mode: Couldn't find matching GLX visual.
Error creating window - Exiting

Any help please as I dont have a clue what to do.

-------
Tom (the younger)