Re: [LUG] Router/firewall recommendation

David Bell wrote:

Both routers worked happily with Libranet v2.8.1, but as soon as I installed Sarge Testing and 3.r1 (either as a net or dvd install) and Libranet v3.0; both routers failed to connect to the sources using apt/synaptic and I get the standard, "Check repositories, network connection etc." I have had no problems browsing, downloading files and e-mailing. However, if I then merely plug in a Creative NAT router - all is well. Disabling the firewall on the problem routers makes no difference and defeats the object anyway.

I've mentioned this problem before on this and other lists and have yet to hear anybody say that they have the same routers and that they work - which makes me very suspicious.

Sounds very odd. Anyway, I am very happy with the Zyxel. It's cheap and it works.

Cheers,

Pete