Re: [LUG] Router/firewall recommendation

On Thursday 04 August 2005 08:48, Peter wrote:

> To be honest, I am surprised that any ADSL router would have problems
> with apt-get. What are the symptoms?

Both routers worked happily with Libranet v2.8.1, but as soon as I installed
Sarge Testing and 3.r1 (either as a net or dvd install) and Libranet v3.0;
both routers failed to connect to the sources using apt/synaptic and I get
the standard, "Check repositories, network connection etc."  I have had no
problems browsing, downloading files and e-mailing. However, if I then merely
plug in a Creative NAT router - all is well.  Disabling the firewall on the
problem routers makes no difference and defeats the object anyway.

I've mentioned this problem before on this and other lists and have yet to
hear anybody say that they have the same routers and that they work - which
makes me very suspicious.

--
W.Devon