Re: [LUG] Software Patents

On Mon, 2005-08-01 at 13:39 +0100, Ben Goodger wrote:
>         Recognising the need for
>         legislation on this issue, however, Labour MEPs now
>         want to see agreement within the Council of Ministers,
>         resulting in good legislation for the Parliament to
>         re-examine."
>
> Did he just say 'Lab want patents after all'?

I don't think he did, although I don't garantee there is no wish for
them...

but at the moment software patents seem to be being granted.

I favour something like the Groklaw proposal - that only things which
make a tangible difference in teh real world can be patnetable, and
other novel arrangements of information get copyrighted.